Greetings to all of Our feminization friends!
Nothing says girly like a nice, smooth, hairless skin. I don't just suggest it for the sissies and crossdressers under My feminization training, but demand it. It's My view that feminization occurs in layers, starting from the mind and heart, and working outward. You can be a successful sissy and remain somewhat hirsute, skipping the skin and moving right along to frilly frocks, but as a feminization Mistress, I don't find it ideal.
I acknowledge that, mostly for reasons of discretion, not everyone has the option of removing their body hair. That said, if you do have the option, it may be useful to you to become informed about the different methods available. The following is not an exhaustive list, but it will give you a good idea of where to start.
The first method, which is probably the most popular among feminization hopefuls is of course shaving. Shaving is popular because it's convenient, and probably less daunting a prospect for those gurls just beginning to explore their femme identity. It's inexpensive, and while it does take some practice to get good at it, it's relatively easy to master. It does, however, have its drawbacks:
- It doesn't last very long. If you're going to use shaving as your primary means of hair removal, it's best to prepare to make it part of your every day routine, ideally, in the shower. The steam from hot water will also open pores and maximize the closeness of the shave.
- Stubble is very uncomfortable. Since it doesn't last very long, stubble may start to grow back as early as the next day, and stubble is itchy! When you get on your elbows and knees for Me to prepare for a good strap-on fucking, I want to see a smooth, clean starfish. If you use shaving to achieve that, imagine how uncomfortable the stubble there could be!
- Ingrown hairs are more likely than with other methods. In order to have your best chance of avoiding them, you'd have to shave in the direction the hair grows, and that's hard to tell sometimes. Even if you do, you're likely cutting the hair at an angle, which increases the chances of an ingrown. And believe Me, those can be a pain, literally and figuratively.
- It's easy to cut yourself. That's self-explanatory. Especially when you're working on a spot you can't see well.
The next option I'll touch on is waxing. This is My method of choice for My own grooming habits, and the one I suggest to most of My feminization pets. It provides a smooth result second only to electrolysis or laser hair removal techniques, and the results are long-lasting. I've been getting practically My whole body waxed since I was 18, and at this point I only need touch-ups every few months or so, because after a while, the hair strands grow back out thinner, more sparsely, and more slowly. That said:
- It's best if you get it done professionally. I do. It can be pretty labor intensive at first, especially if you're really hairy. And getting every nook and cranny can be a challenge. I also like the thought of your being humiliated by a pretty young woman while she waxes your clitty, gurly-grapes, and pussy. Don't you think she'll know why a "man" wants his whole body waxed? *giggle*
- If you do get it done professionally, the cost can add up. I believe in investing in beauty, but then, not everyone has this much discretionary income. A full body wax where I get My services, from nose to toes, can be as much as $700, not including gratuity. So it's definitely an investment.
- You can do it yourself, but it's easy to make mistakes. There's everything from Sally Hansen wax strip kits that you can purchase from CVS for ten bucks or so, all the way up to professional setups complete with melted wax and cotton strips. I believe you get what you pay for in this regard, though Sally Hansen is good to have around for touch-ups. With the expensive setups, I suggest you watch some tutorials on YouTube or some other beauty blog so that you know what you're doing.
- It hurts. At first. Remember that scene from the 40 Year-Old Virgin where Steve Carrell's character is getting his chest waxed, and cries out "AaaaaaahKellyClarkson!" Well the celeb gossip take is that he really does have a hairy chest, for authenticity's sake really did get his chest waxed, and so his reaction was mostly genuine. There's no way of getting around it: Whether you do it yourself, or get it done professionally, the discomfort takes some getting used to. You will get used to it, though. It even begins to objectively hurt less. Either way, a fan of true feminization, just like a Real Woman who is thus inclined, will suffer for beauty.
- You may have to delay gratification a bit. Even if you're doing it yourself, because of the discomfort, and the importance of being careful, it's best to do it a little bit at a time. If you're getting it done professionally the above is also true, and can make it more affordable if you break up the visits over time. This means you'll have to wait to experience being fully sissy-smooth.
- It's not suitable for everything. Every time you get waxed, a layer of skin comes off with the strip. This is fine for your body, and even your chin, but not necessarily the delicate areas around the eyes. You may do okay with it, but, you know, full disclosure. Tweezing or threading are probably better for achieving that perfect feminine eyebrow arch.
The Mercedes of hair removal is probably laser. Laser treatments work by killing the hair follicle. This technique has pretty much replaced electrolysis in the esthetician trade, and the technology of the method has also improved significantly over the years. This is permanent, or close to permanent, hair removal (some hair might start to grow back from some follicles in a couple of years, but these tend to be finer and more sparse than the original). Some say that a side benefit of the treatments can be an improvement of skin texture, since it can stimulate collagen production. However:
- There are options for at-home use, but their effectiveness varies. The at-home methods are usually careful to say they are meant for use in concert with another hair removal strategy.
- It can take several visits to remove the hair from one section of skin, so the cost adds up.
- Cost is often at the discretion of the esthetician, and many charge by the visit, adjusting up for the size of the area you'd like laser-ed. I've seen some who charge $30 for one session on an armpit, and some who charge $150/visit for the same area.
You can also try depilatory creams like Veet or Nair, which I suppose have the advantage of being more affordable, like shaving. Frankly, I'm only mentioning these because I know some of My sissies try them. I don't have much faith in this method. The problem is, they don't always work. In fact, according to the anecdotes I've collected, they rarely do.
Depilatory creams are meant to dissolve the hair right down into the follicle, and when they do work, can achieve a result as impressive as waxing. The problem is, they achieve this with very alkaline chemicals. What often happens is that the hair doesn't dissolve in the time frame the instructions for use suggest, so gurls leave the cream on longer. This can result in serious chemical burns. Can you imagine wearing your thong all day after burning the hell out of the insides of the cheeks of your ass?
I think not.
There's also sugaring, which is similar to waxing in technique and results, and which you can either have done professionally (prices are probably comparable with waxing services), or do at home with a sugar or honey paste solution you can make yourself. This is how Queen Cleopatra removed her body hair 2,000 years ago, and that women in many parts of the world have been using ever since.
There are varying opinions on whether or not this is an effective method for those with coarse, dark, or thick hair, but it's an affordable enough method at home that it's worth experimenting. Be sure that, like with at home waxing, you look for a how-to tutorial online. You can burn the hell out of yourself with hot sugar if you don't know what you're doing.
This concludes My overview of hair removal techniques and options for the fan of feminization who wants to feel silky under he/r girly clothes and lingerie. You may even decide to try a combination of techniques to achieve your best results. But whichever method or methods turn out to suit you best, you can be sure than hairlessness will take you deeper into the feminization experience.